Legal Alcohol Limits And Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol It Is Dagerous Call Alcohol Rehab Cardiff At Cardiff
In 2013, there were between 220 and 260 people that were killed in UK accidents where at least one of the drivers involved had consumed alcohol beyond the limits specified. If we get the figures right, almost 240 people died due to those incidents. Though the rate of accidents caused by drunk drivers has witnessed a huge drop within the last 35 years, we still have these high figures.
When we compare the deaths due to road accidents caused by the drunk drivers, we can clearly see that the number has reduced by more than three quarters over the past three decades.
What Is The Legal Limit Of Drinking For Driving In England And Wales At Cardiff
80 milligrammes of alcohol for 80 millimetres of blood is the acceptable volume for drivers in England and Wales, while the volume for 100 millilitres of breath is 35 microgrammes, and 107 milligrams for 100 millilitres of urine.
The limit is much less in other countries, as low as 50mg/100ml of blood, in other countries in Europe.
What Is The Drink Driving Limit In Scotland Visit Cardiff
Scotland is has different drinking limits for the drunk drivers, in comparison to the rest of UK. In December 2014, Scotland reduced the limit to 50 mg of alcohol in every 100 mL of blood. For breath tests, the limit was set at 22 micrograms/100ml of breath.
This was done in order to make the roads safer and minimize loss of life in the Scottish roads and make the limit match other European nations, says the Scottish Government.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
If I Want To Stay Within The Limit How Much Alcohol Can I Consume Visit Cardiff
You can't take a shortcut in this matter. However, different people will consume different volumes of alcohol to remain under the limit, as it depends on body system.
It will depend on the following factors
- Your weight, age, sex and your metabolism which is the rate at which your body utilises energy
- The amount and type of alcohol that is drunk
- The food that has been eaten recently
- Current stress levels
The best thing to do while driving is to avoid drinking, because you never know what causes the accident, so better safe than sorry.
What Alcohol Does To Driving Mean Within Cardiff
A number of the body's functions which we depend upon to drive safely are affected when we consume alcohol
- The eye delays in sending data to the brain
- Taking in information becomes harder
- Reaction speed is much lower since transmission of messages to the muscles is also slower
Seeing while driving is much more difficult since alcohol can cause double or blurred vision. Your ability to suppress some desires will be lost, making you susceptible to dangerous risks you hitherto wouldn't have taken.
What Should I Do For Safer Driving Call Cardiff
It is advisable to avoid alcohol completely whenever you are driving because your driving skills could be negatively affected by even the smallest volume of alcohol.
Performing a breath test is the easiest way for the police to ascertain whether you have exceeded the drink driving limit. A breathalyser is used to carry out this test.
If they found out that you were drunk, or they even got a clue that you have drunk alcohol before driving, you will be immediately taken to the police station to check your breath out. An advanced breathalyser will be used at their station, where up to two breath specimens of yours will be collected.
The two readings will be analysed at the station, and the lower of the two will be used to decide whether you were above the drink driving limit.
You are entitled to the blood or urine test options if you have an evidential breath sample that reads up to 40%, depending on the one preferred by the police officer. If the results are in your favor, you are good to go, but if they are not, then you will be charged for it.
The police can also carry out a breathalyser test if you have been involved in a moving traffic offence [going through a red light or making banned turns], been involved with in an accident or have given sufficient grounds to the police to believe that you are driving over the limit.
The police have been given the discretion to stop any vehicle and will often award you drink driving checkpoints over occasions such as Christmas and New Year's Eve.
When They Catch Me Drunk While Operating A Vehicle What Will They Charge Me With
The punishment is severe, and you will be charged with '5,000 and 12 months ban on driving. If your luck is not helping you, you will be punished with 3 to 11 penalty points. A six month prison sentence is also possible. If your drinking limit and involvement in accidents and other violations is high, then, you will be charged with all of the punishments mentioned above. A three year ban or longer will be given in case you're caught driving while over the legal alcohol limit more than once in ten years.
How Can I Drive Safely & Avoid Drinking Kindly Consult Cardiff
- Within the group of friends you have, you should be appointing one individual to be the designated driver.
- The designated driver should be the person who abstains from alcohol during a particular night out in order to ensure they can drive the rest of the group of friends whom safely.
- If you live in places, which have access to adequate public transport facilities you should be taking advantage of them.
- You have to ensure that you have the contact of some taxis if you are to hang out till there are no more buses, tubes and trains.
- If you think driving wil be your only way home, then it is better to drink alcohol free drinks such as, mocktails, soft drinks, and non-alcoholic beers
- You can just go out for food or try going on a night out dancing without alcohol - you don't have to visit a pub or bar every time you go out.