Defining Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
The known techniques of overcoming addiction can be used to with holistic therapy which does not involve the use of medicine. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
In treatments centres where there's holistic medicine, such methods as physical exercises, proper nutrition and meditation are used in order to help abusers stop the addiction.
The overall well-being of the individual is considered by holistic therapy primarily while also providing proper attention to the physical symptoms of addiction and withdrawal.
Commonly used holistic therapies include
- Tai chi
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Healthy nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
Techniques customized to fit each client is used in this form of treatment. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
Patients recovering from addiction may experience sleeplessness, poor nutrition and stressful feelings - all those aspects successfully overcome with the help of holistic therapy. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
What this treatment technique seeks to achieve is
- Revealing the hidden addiction causes
- Helping individuals resist urges
- Encouraging physical exercises
- Boosting the self-esteem of the person
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Categories Of Holistic Therapy For Addiction
Mid reflections to keeping the body in shape are some of the things involved in holistic therapy.
Mainly, therapy methods include the following
- Nutritional Therapy
- Successful recovery is much easier if a person has a healthy body.
- Tangible healing can be provided to recovering addicts by focusing on proper nutrition.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- There are various activities depending on the centre and some include activities such as hiking, canoeing, climbing and riding horses.
- A clear mind is essential for recovering addicts who are looking forward to overcoming their addiction.
- Supervised meditation is an integral section of most holistic plans for addiction treatment.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Holistic treatment therapies often use methods of relieving stress and relaxing the body and massage is known to be a great stress reliever.
- If one has been using the drugs for sometime, stimulation of the acupoints is another effective way of overcoming the addiction.
Programs that get satisfactory results are based on conventional methods of treatment. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Medically supervised detox
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Counselling sessions
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also some of the effective strategies of stopping drug use.
Locating A Holistic Therapy Facility For Dependency Treatment
Most holistic rehabilitation centres provide holistic methods both as their outpatient and inpatient treatments. The holistic medicine principle of reaching harmony among all parts of a person's life well suits various addiction therapies. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
Professionally worked into the treatment program during detox and in treating psychological cases, holistic therapies can provide invaluable support in reducing the degree of the problem. You will definitely get a rehab centre near you that can help you in the recovery process.
Welcome to call us on 0800 246 1509 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.